Tuesday, August 24, 2010

When My Name is Called. . .

On April 29, 2009, my name was called and they said, "Debbie, it breaks our heart to tell you this, but today is your last day here at the firm.  This is no reflection of your work, we are downsizing."  This made me very sad because I loved everything about my job.  My husband had been out of work for twenty months and he had just returned back to work a couple months prior.  We were just getting back on our feet financially.  I knew in my heart that this was a closure to my working outside of my home.  Who would be seeking a receptionist at a law firm on full time oxygen?  LOL

                                                                         John 9:4
I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day; the night cometh, when no man can work.

I am now working full time in the "Ministry of  Availability" for those who are in need of a listening ear or a companion for lunch or fellowship.  He is teaching me to speak His Word in due season to those needing encouragement.  He has blessed me so with writing the Good Morning Devotions.  I must work the works of Him who saved me and called me for His good purposes.  What a blessing it will be when my name is called from above and my work really is completed here on earth!    

                                                                         Proverbs 15:23
A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth; and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

                                                                          Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Thank you, for always having a plan and a purpose for our lives to do Your work.  You bless us with many gifts to give and share with others and in so doing our own lives are blessed as well.  May we be found faithful in the work You have called us to do.  We love you Lord.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment