Monday, August 30, 2010

My Bank Account.....

Each day I go online and check my bank account.  I verify that I have not withdrawn more funds than I have deposited.  I want to make sure that no one has stolen my identity or is using my account falsely.  I want to check my savings account to see how it is growing.  Each day I need to know that all is well with my bank account.

Each day I need to prayerfully check my love account.  I need to keep a close watch on the daily love deposits that I am making into the lives of others.  Or am I more concerned how others are making deposits into my life?  Have I allowed fruits of darkness such as anger, bitterness, resentment, hurt feelings, jealousy, insecurity and such to steal my identity in Christ Jesus?  Am I allowing the love that Jesus Christ has deposited in my heart to be used falsely?  I need to know that all is well with my love account and that it's growing daily! 

                                                                 1 John 3:11
For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning that we should "love on another".

                                                                 1 John 4:7
Beloved, let us "love one another" for love is of God and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

                                                                  1 John 4:11
Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to "love one another".

                                                               Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Will I be more mindful today of my bank account or my love account?  Will I allow my love account to become overdrawn because of foolishness and sin in my heart?  Oh Lord, show me today how to make deposits of love into the lives of those you bring across my path.  I want to grow in my love for You and for others.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment