Thursday, August 26, 2010

Let The Son Shine In!

                                                                         John 12:46
                                                                   (Jesus speaking)
I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.  

My husband and I have an on going battle with the blinds in our home.  He wants to close them in the daytime in order to save on our energy bill.  It just makes me crazy to be in a dark room when the sun is shining outside!  Frankly, my need for the light in the room seems worth the extra costs on our electric bill.  I do not always win this battle.  I  was created to enjoy the light.  I love the way the morning sun comes through my windows and seems to dance on the walls.  I feel especially blessed abiding in a space that is full of natural light.

                                                                 Eph. 5:8 
For ye were once darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord.  Walk as children of light.  

We are living in a very dark world and sometimes it's hard to see the light.  Darkness has become so acceptable in our society, that it's not even considered darkness anymore.  This deception can be in our own hearts as well as non believers and we can easily be blinded to the light that God is calling us to walk in.  Daily we must ask the Lord to open the eyes of our hearts and remove the darkness with the light of His truth and righteousness.  

                                                                 Psalm 18:28
For thou wilt light my lamp; the Lord, my God, will lighten my darkness.

                                                                 Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
   You are light and in You there is no darkness.  I am so thankful that when I seek You I will find You and I will walk as a child of the light.  Show me Lord, where I have closed the blinds in my heart and allowed darkness to abide in my life.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment