Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Even After Foreclosure!

                                                                Jeremiah 29:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

My husband counsels individuals who are in the process of possibly losing their homes through foreclosure.  Each caller has a different story to tell and different attitudes about the circumstances happening in their lives.  It's often difficult to console and encourage some of these individuals who are angry and feeling very much out of control.  Their energy may be focused on blaming others for their current losses and that is understandable.  However, there are others who take comfort in knowing that God is still with them and He still has a plan for their lives, even after foreclosure! 

The truth is that God has a plan for everyone, but not everyone is benefiting from this truth.  Why?  Perhaps reading the continuing scripture may help us to understand.

                                                                        Jeremiah 29:12
"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and will bring you back from captivity."

The greatest blessings in our lives may come wrapped in very difficult crisis.  If in all of this we can find God.... our greatest reward.

                                                                       Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     I pray for those who are facing severe crisis in their lives right now because of changes in their finances.  May they call upon you and listen to you and seek you with all their hearts.  I know you are truly a Heavenly Father, who will listen and turn their sorrows into joy as they are no longer held captive by their fears!  You are a good God and will reveal yourself to them in many ways.  We really can trust you for our future!  Amen

1 comment:

  1. That is truly where it is at ... "when you seek me with ALL your heart." What part of this is too hard to understand!

    ReplyDelete