Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Please Pass The Salt...

 I love salt.  Doesn't everyone carry a salt shaker in their auto?  Why did my daughter laugh when she discovered salt at the bottom of my purse?  Is it common to have a salt & pepper shaker in the family room?  Do you scope out the salt shaker before ordering dinner at a restaurant?  Doesn't everyone take their own salt shaker to the movies?  So what if I have six salt shakers in my kitchen cabinet?  Doesn't everyone? I just believe in being prepared! 

                                                                Colossians 4:6
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man.

We are surrounded with people, who's hearts are searching for answers.  We never know when we will be called upon to speak words of truth and life into them.  Our lives are to be filled with such salt that we cause others to become thirsty for God.  May we daily come to the Lord for our shakers to be refilled that we would be prepared to season others.  

                                                                  Mark 9:50
Salt is good; but if the salt have lost its saltiness, with what will you season it?  Have salt in yourselves, and have peace one with another.

                                                                   Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
    I pray that my life will be seasoned by You in such a way that when others are thirsty to know You better, I will be prepared to have answers that minister to their souls.  Amen 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment