Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Three Crystal Bowls....

Last evening I served fruit salad to our guests for dinner and reluctantly, I used my most favorite paper thin cut crystal glass bowls.  I only have four of them and I treasure these little vessels.  I didn't pay much money for them because they were purchased at a Hospice second hand store.  Obviously they belonged to someone who has passed away.  Still the same, I loved these bowls.  Last night while cleaning the kitchen I discovered one of my crystal bowls in pieces in the trash.  This broke my heart.

                                                                        1 Peter 4:7-10
The end of all things is near.  Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.  Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling.  Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.  

Above all, I want to love others deeply.  I want to have a clear mind and have self-control so that I can pray without hesitation to my Heavenly Father, knowing that His love has covered a multitude of my sins.  I choose not to have a grumbling heart because the Lord blessed me with those beautiful bowls for the very purpose they were used for.  He invites me to extend the very grace that I have received from Him to others.  After this wonderful lesson, those bowls are even a greater treasure to me.  Someday I too will pass away and those three crystal cut bowls will be in the hands of someone else.  May they be used for His glory.   

                                                                       Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
    Help me to understand that every little treasure You place in my hands can be used by You to extend Your love and grace to others.  Remind me today that love always covers over a multitude of sins.  Amen  

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to have patience when something happens to our treasures! But you are so good about looking at the silver lining of every cloud! I'm sure one of your girls will treasure those bowls one day and will also treasure that positive spirit that you taught them.

    ReplyDelete