Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mirror Mirror On The Wall...

We have full length mirrors on the closet doors in our bathroom.  Like everyone, before I leave I stop and take a quick look at my appearance.  I tell myself, "Ok Deb, you look fine." and then move on my happy way.  We have a leather bench that sits in front of the mirrors.  I really like the looks of the bench, but I don't like how I look sitting on that bench!  I look like a Huge pear!  I cannot believe how my whole body just seems to go south and spreads everywhere.  Then I tell myself, "Ok Deb, you look horrible!"  If I chose to linger long on that bench, it would ruin my day.....

                                                                       2 Corinthians 4:18
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal.   

I do my very best to look as nice as I can, however I don't give it a lot of time and energy.  I am learning that my appearance doesn't define who I am.  My heart defines who I am and to whom I belong. . . Jesus Christ.  To this I joyfully rest and choose to linger long. . . and my days are truly blessed!  

                                                                        2 Corinthians 4:16
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

                                                                          Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Thank you that even though our outward appearance is perishing day by day, our  inward heart is being renewed by You day by day.  We are so very thankful to be defined by belonging to You Lord Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment