Friday, August 27, 2010

Seek His Face. . .

The Lord recently spoke to my heart, "He is pulling down and removing shrubs in order that He builds walls, brick by brick for our true protection."  Each of us are tempted to build our own walls of protection for our own lives.  We are deceived into believing these shrubs will keep us safe.  We believe that stable jobs, 401 K's, pensions, investments and stocks will surround us in our futures and we can live in security and peace.  We believe that our government will watch over and protect us.  These are shrubs and do not keep us safe.

Many are turning to God at this desperate time and crying out that He will repair and restore the torn down shrubs they have been growing for many years.  They are seeking God's hand.  When God does not repair their landscaping, they begin to question His love and power.  Few truly understand that He has a much better plan for their lives and for their true protection.  His desire for all of us is to seek His face while He still may be found. 

                                                              Psalm 27:4-5, 8
One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple.  For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle and set me high upon a rock.  My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek.

                                                               Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Please forgive us when we seek Your hand and not Your face.  Please forgive us when we ask others to pray for our needs when we have not sincerely prayed to You.  Forgive us for building our own walls of protection instead of looking to You for all things.  You are God and You are always faithful to those who seek Your face.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment