Thursday, August 12, 2010

Do You Hear Him?

We have Patty and Jenny visiting us from the inner city of Los Angeles.  I asked Patty, "So are you home sick?"  She responded, "No, I am not home sick, but I do miss the noise of the city.  It's very quiet here."  Wow!  I was taken back, because I would have thought the quietness of our neighborhood would have blessed her.  Isn't it amazing how different we all are?  Recently I was sharing with a friend that I am excited to go to San Diego in September and just sit by the ocean for five days.  I said, "That is where I most clearly hear God."  She said, "Oh no... I hear His voice more clearly in the mountains." 

                                                                      Psalm 29:3,4,8,11
The voice of the Lord is upon the waters;  The God of glory thundereth; the Lord is upon many waters.  The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.  The voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness.  The Lord will give strength unto His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace.

God's voice is powerful and everywhere.  He can be heard in the noise of the inner city, the ocean waves, the whispering pines and in the quiet of the night.  He is always speaking into our hearts.  Sh..h...h....  do you hear Him?  I think I do.

                                                                      Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
   Oh that we would hear You more clearly and love You more dearly.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment