Thursday, August 19, 2010

Our Hearts Will Dance!

Last night I was up very late and had trouble falling asleep because my heart is grieving for a friend.  I'm soon going to have to face a mountain, that I have been looking away from for a very long time.  So I started my day with sitting in my favorite spot with my coffee, journal, Bible and favorite devotionals.  Nothing seemed to be feeding my soul, until I stopped and I prayed with my whole heart,  "Lord, please speak to me through Your Word."  Then I listened quietly and He directed me to the exact verses I needed to read and my heart danced before Him!  He is with me and He truly understands!

                                                                            Psalm 139:1-5
O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down;  you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.  You hem me in - behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.  Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.

If we abide in Him and His words abide in us, we can ask Him for our needs and it shall be done unto us!  Is your heart heavy too?  Cry out to Him today and listen to His words and your heart will soon be dancing! 

                                                                           Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    You are always there ready to lift our heavy hearts when we cry out to You.  May we draw closer to You today than ever before.  Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment