Friday, August 13, 2010

Living A Sweet Life!

She and I looked at each other as our carts met at the same check-out lane at Sam's Club.  I encouraged her to go ahead and I went to another lane.  While waiting in line, I watched three customers check-out in the line I just gave to her.  "Patience Debbie, patience." came to my mind.  Then while waiting I noticed the frozen chicken that I was purchasing was damaged and had freezer burn.  I was so thankful that I didn't check out so quickly, I would have never noticed the bad product I was purchasing.  Wow!  This truly worked out for the good!  I asked the clerk if someone could grab another bag for me.  Just then a man came up behind me in line and I explained to him that he might want to choose another line... he just grumbled at me.  When I was finished checking out, I turned to the grumpy man and said, "Thank you for your patience" and he grumbled again!  How very sad for him. 

                                                               James 1:2
Brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.  Knowing this, that the testing of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect (mature) and entire, lacking nothing.

We can live such a sweet life amongst irritations, worries and frets which are along all of our paths.  No emotional outbursts or rantings and ravings are really going to change the circumstances that surrounded us. It is never fruitful for our souls or for others when we lose our temper or lash out at someone.  We can only gain patience through trials and tribulations.  We need to make up our minds to accept graciously what we can not change and live a beautiful life in the midst of our present circumstances.  

                                                                     Luke 21:19
                                       In your patience possess ye your souls. 

                                                                      Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     We ask for Your grace to accept the circumstances that surround our lives and to anticipate with joy the testing of our faith, which works patience in our souls.  Thank you that we can live a sweet life!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment