Wednesday, August 4, 2010

His Miraculous Sufficiency!

                                                          2 Corinthians 12:8-9
Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."

This was the first verse that I memorized from the Bible.  At the time I was so focused on my weaknesses that it gave to me such hope that God's grace would be sufficient for me.  Now, thirty-five years later I am still clinging to this verse. 

In the last ten years many prayers have been spoken by me and for me concerning this lung disease.  We all have cried out for a 'miracle' and even though I have not experienced a 'healing' in my lungs, I have experienced many miracles in all of this.  His grace has been overwhelming to me!  He has given to me patience for being attached to a continuous plastic tubing twenty-four hours a day.  He has given to me His joy in that I can truly laugh at how funny things can happen being on oxygen.  He has given to me His grace when people stare or children question me in public.  He has given to me such peace knowing that He truly is my sufficiency.  He has given to me a thankful heart for all the many lessons I have learned from this illness.

Am I still praying and seeking a miraculous healing?  Absolutely!  However, until that happens, I will celebrate His miraculous sufficiency!

                                                                   2 Corinthians 12:10 (continued)
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.   

                                                                   Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
   No matter what struggles we are going through today, You will give to us Your grace and sufficiency in all things!  The greatest miracle in our lives is to be called Your child.  Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment