Thursday, July 8, 2010

Take Me To A Higher Place

My daughter and her husband paid the price to take their children to Disneyland.  Their youngest son Nick, is seven years old and they were excited for him because he is at that 'perfect' age for the wonder of it all.  They were so surprised and disappointed when he refused to go on many of the rides and didn't seem to be getting into all the excitement of this  adventure.  My daughter Kelly finally insisted that he get on the Ferris Wheel with her.  From the very top he looked down and said, "Wow!  Look Mom at all those neat rides down there!  I want to go on that one over there and that one too Mom!"  These were all rides that he previously declined to enjoy.  When they were back down on the ground he followed through with his commitment and enjoyed many of the rides he had previously declined.

We can find ourselves in a strange place where God has taken us and it's very scary.  We don't want to go where He is asking us to go.  He is excited because He knows His intentions are good toward us, but we don't fully know that.  He wants to take us high upon the mountain so that we can look down and over come our fears and gain a new perspective.  He will hold our hand and keep His ever watchful eye upon us.  He paid the price for us to enjoy and have an abundant life. 

                                                                               Psalm 27:5-6

For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion; in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.  And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me.  Therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy;  I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.

                                                                              Morning Prayer

Dear God,
    I'm scared when I find myself in a strange place that is not familiar to me.  You understand when I don't want to go where You have taken me.  I ask that You will take me by the hand to a higher place so that I can look down upon the trials of my life and see them with greater understanding.  Remind my heart that You have the best intentions towards me and will not allow me to go beyond Your ever watchful eye.  Thank you for this wonderful adventure of abundant life through Your son, Jesus Christ.  Amen

2 comments:

  1. I just Love that you are doing your devotions again. I also really like this new format. I like that they are all together and people can comment. Looking forward to all the ones to come! You always have such a wonderful way of looking at things. This is a quality I hope I have gotten from you but I think we all need a reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to reading your blog! I agree with Katie, you have a great positive way of looking at things (and she got that quality too) and you are inspiring to other people because of that!

    ReplyDelete