Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Love & Acceptance

I received a call from Sarah, my twelve year old granddaughter who is just precious!    "Grandma, I need to talk to you about something.  I'm kind of anxious about going to Junior High.  I'm wondering how "popular" I will be this year.  Many of my old friends are going into High School."  

No matter how old we are....... we all want to be "popular".  We all have two basic needs in this life and that is to be loved and to be accepted.   Sarah agreed with me that this is what she was desiring.  "Sarah, whatever you need in this life, then give it away to others!  On the first day of school after you have put on your best new outfit and your make-up and fix your hair, then forget about yourself and put on love and acceptance.  Look around and see who might need to be encouraged, who needs to hear good words.  Everyone else feels just as anxious as you.    Sarah, when you focus on the needs of others, you will never need to be concerned about not being "popular" at school."

                                                                     Colossians 3:12 & 14

Put on , therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, tender mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, long suffering.  And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness.

                                                                     Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     Remind my heart to give to those around me what I desire to receive myself.  I want to put on the garments of love and acceptance.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment