Friday, July 16, 2010

A "Friend of God"

I really enjoy Face book and it's a great way to keep in touch with my family and "friends".  It's interesting to look at people's profiles and see the number of "friends" they have!  My profile says that I have 79 "friends", however I saw where someone else had 2,717.  Oh please.... how can anyone have that many "friends"?  
                                                                      
                                                                            James 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness; and he was called the "friend of God".

                    Abraham's friendship with God was based on his believing God.  
             Multitudes of people "believe in God" ..... very few actually "believe God". 
                          Just that one little word in the middle "in" is the dividing factor.
                                  This was what set Abraham apart from the multitudes.
                                                         He was truly a friend of God.

                                                                          John 6:64
But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him.

Do I believe God or do I just believe in God.  Is He just another name listed on my face book page or a true friend?  Do we speak to one another each day?  Or do I just look at his photos and read other peoples posts about him?   

                                                                       Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     I too want to be called "your friend" and I want more than just to believe in You, I want to believe You!  Amen






   

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful to meet a friend who is on the same page! There are too many of us who believe in Him but don't believe Him ... or we would look a whole lot different than the world!

    ReplyDelete