Thursday, July 15, 2010

I'm Gonna Be With Him!

I was flipping radio stations in the car and came across an old song that I used to love!  "Midnight Train To Georgia" by Gladys Knight.  My favorite music is instrumental worship music, preferably piano.  I enjoy making up my own words to sing to the Lord.  However, once in awhile it's fun to listen to some oldies.  I'm amazed how I used to sing lyrics over and over when I was young and had no clue to the meaning behind them.  Now that I am older I have a much better understanding.  I think it's kind of fun to listen to some of the oldies and turn the words around so that I am singing them to the Lord.  So I listened to the lyrics of this song carefully and this line really captured my heart!

                        "I'm gonna be with him on that midnight train to Georgia.
                        I'd rather live in his world than to live without him in mine."

I have now carried this tune and these lyrics around with me for four days!  I wake up in the middle of the night and I'm singing this song!  What is it that touches me about these lyrics?  This is what they mean to me.

"I'm gonna be with with Him, (Jesus Christ) on that midnight train (rapture) to Heaven.
I'd rather live in His world (Heaven) than to live without him in mine (this world).

                                                              I'm gonna be with Him!

                                                                           1 Thess. 4:15-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God and the dead in Christ will rise first.  After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air.  And so we will be with the Lord forever.

                                                                           Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
     Thank you for the assurance in our hearts that to those who believe, You are going to come and receive Your children unto Yourself that where You are, we will be there with You!  Oh Lord thank you!!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment