Monday, July 12, 2010

"Disabled?"

I just received my "Notice of Award" from the Social Security Administration that I am entitled to monthly disability benefits.  The poor condition of my lungs makes me qualified to not work and receive funds.  I am now considered "disabled".  Does this mean my work is done?  Hardly.

My job title has always been and will continue to be the same, a "servant of God".  God's will for me is to serve anyone He brings into my life.  I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work exclusively from my home.  I believe that being available for others is a high calling. 

God is so good to equip us with everything that we need for His purposes.  I am not able to do a lot of physical service, however, I can be a friend and listen and encourage.  I can open my home with hospitality.  I can continue to grow in my faith and encourage others in theirs.  My work will never be done and God will never refer to me as being "disabled".

                                                                                Matthew 23:11
                                    But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.   

                                                                        2 Corinthians 9:8
And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work.

                                                                          Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
    Thank you that circumstances in our lives will never keep us from doing the work that you have called us to do.....  we will always be able to serve others in some capacity.  What a blessing!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment