Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I am not mad at you.

Sunday morning I was sitting in my bedroom having my quiet time when all of a sudden I had four grandchildren, Zach (14), Sarah (12), Jacob (10) & Nick (7) came busting through the door and jumped on my bed!  I was pleased that they just wanted to hang out with Grandma.  Since I had my journal in my lap I told them, "I would like to interview each of you and record your answers."  They were thrilled!  They shared their talents, favorite things to do, stories of their best and worst days and their burdens.  Their responses were so interesting.  I asked them "How does God feel about you?"  They spoke of God's love, acceptance and His presence in their heart.  I was very impressed until I heard this response. "He is mad." Oh, how this must grieve God's heart.  

I also experienced this recently on a personal level when I made a call to a very special lady in my life.  She was having a very difficult day and was in the middle of a crisis.  I called to console her and encourage her that it would all be ok.  My intentions were to lavish her with love.  I took note that she was not responding to me as I had hoped so we didn't talk long.  Later I came to the understanding that she thought I was mad at her.  Oh how this broke my heart!  There was nothing further than the truth. I was quick to contact her and try to get this cleared up. 

How about you?  How do you think God feels about you?  Do you think God is mad at you?  Oh, I pray not and if that is so.... I pray you run to Him so that He can correct your thinking. 

                                                                        1 John 4:16-18
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.  In this way love is made complete among us so that we will have confidence on the day of judgement, because in this world we are like him.  There is no fear in love, but perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment.  The one who fears in not made perfect in love.

                                                                           Morning Prayer

Dear God,
     Thank you that Your desire is that we grow in our confidence and understanding of Your love for us.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment