Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Rejoice In This...

This week-end I went to make my bed and there on my pillow case was a dead baby scorpion. His long stinger was separated from his body but he hadn't been smashed? Oh my goodness that was freaky! We have a history of scorpions in our home and I have stepped on several to kill them and it's not always been easy. You really have to be diligent! I stepped back in amazement that this one was killed on a soft pillow! I knew instantly that God had watched over me and protected me in the night! I was rejoicing!

Luke 10:19-20
(Jesus speaking)
"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy; and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Not withstanding, in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject onto you; but rather rejoice, because yours names are written in Heaven."
Miracles are always quick to catch our attention and our praise, however, the greatest miracle of all is the salvation of our souls through Jesus Christ. Let's not ever forget to rejoice in this....
Morning Prayer
Dear God,
Thank you so much for watching over me in the night, however, the greatest miracle that I will ever know is your gift of salvation to me. How glorious that moment will be when I see my name written in the Lambs Book of Life in Heaven. I will rejoicing in this..... for all of eternity. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment