Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Count It All Joy!

Very early this morning my sleep was interrupted by the pain in my right foot.  I think it's caused by bad circulation.  The only way to relieve the pain is to get up.  So at 4:45 a.m. I found myself sitting in my favorite chair and before long I was praying and then the Lord gave to me a special word to meditate upon and I was so blessed in my heart.  When the sun came up it was so beautiful and I realized I missed the joy of rising early.  Since I have been home I have fallen into the habit of sleeping later.  I will return to my former way.  I am so very thankful for the joy that came through the pain this morning.

Our lives can be suddenly interrupted by pain or various trials and our only relief is to go to our favorite meeting place with the Lord and have some time of solitude.  There is so much that He wants to tell us... so much He wants us to know. Before long the pain will subside and the trial will be over and we will be so much better for it.  These trials can change our hearts and we will find that joy often comes out of sadness and pain. 

                                                                           James 1:2-4
My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials.  Knowing this, that the testing of your faith works patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, lacking nothing.

                                                                          1 Peter 5:10
But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered awhile, make you perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you.

                                                                         Morning Prayer

Dear Lord,
      Only You can turn our sorrows into joy and our pain and suffering into a perfect work in our hearts.  Your desire is that we lack nothing.  Oh that we would count it all joy, knowing that You truly love us and have our best interest at heart!  Amen

1 comment:

  1. You are such a good example of looking at the glass "half full." Thank you for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete