Friday, July 30, 2010

He Has Turned My Heart Around

                                                                       John 13:4-5 & 13-14
He (Jesus) riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments, and took a towel, and girded himself.  After that he poured water in a basin and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel with which he was girded.  (He then said to his disciples) Ye call me Master and Lord; and ye say well; for so I am.  If I, then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet, ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

In reading these scriptures this morning, it just dawned on me that when Jesus humbled Himself and washed His disciples feet He also included the feet of Judas, one of His disciples who would betray Him.  This knowledge of what was in the heart of Judas didn't keep Him from serving him as well as the faithful disciples and He continued to call Judas friend.

There is a very special someone in my life that has never been easy for me to love.  She and I are quite different in many ways and I have such a hard time relating to her.  Recently the Lord convicted my heart that I need to be washing her feet.  That really terrified me   because she is very needy and what could I be opening myself up to?  So in the last few weeks I have removed my garments of pride and arrogance and I have made myself available to her.  I cannot begin to express to you all that God is teaching me in all of this but I can say with all sincerity. . . He has turned my heart around.  

                                                                        Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     Thank you so much for turning my heart around towards this special lady.  She has not changed.... I have changed... and I am loving her more each day!  Thank you Lord for showing me Your better way!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment