Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things Not Yet Seen . . .

In July, I received a "Notice of Award" letter from the Social Security Administration.  The letter explained the benefits that I am to receive now that I am eligible for disability.  The letter indicated in detail the amount of money that I should expect to be deposited into my account for retroactive pay from the following year.  However, the letter did not indicate the exact date that I will be receiving these funds.  So with great anticipation, I daily check my bank account to hopefully find these funds deposited.  As of today there is no evidence of this promised deposit.  I choose not to get discouraged because with full assurance in my heart, I believe I will receive the amount that has been promised to me.

                                                                         Hebrews 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
                                                        
                                                                         Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Daily we can embrace God's Word, which is full of wonderful promises to those who believe.  We must not become discouraged when we do not see the evidence of these promises in our lives.  By faith and patience we can anticipate with full assurance that we will receive all that God has promised to us. 

                                                                          Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Sometimes I do get discouraged because I am not seeing the evidence of Your promises fulfilled in my life.  Some days my faith account just comes up empty and I question where You are?  Oh Lord, help me to cling to Your promises to me in Your Word and strengthen my heart with faith and patience to continue to believe in the evidence of things not yet seen.  Amen ~



                                                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment