Friday, September 3, 2010

Birthing Pains....

I remember asking the nurse during my labor, "Are the pains going to get harder than this?"  So far I knew the pain I was going through was bearable, but I didn't know how much more I would be able to tolerate?  I thought to myself, "If only I could know what was around the corner for me?"  Well that was thirty-seven years ago and I not only survived those birthing pains with my first child Kelly, but later gave birth to Kimberly and Kathleen.  As I matured, I learned with my last two deliveries not to focus on the pain, but to focus on something else and not fight the suffering.  What a huge difference that made the whole experience!  And I praise God for the fruit of my womb! 

Today in our suffering and pain, we may ask the Lord, "Is this situation going to get worse?  What are we going to do next month?  Where is all this all going to end?  I don't know how much more I can tolerate!"  We are not only experiencing the pain of this day, but taking on the pain of our future.  We feel so out of control of our tomorrows.  If only we would learn to focus on the Lord and trust Him for His faithfulness and His good purposes  in our lives.  We will someday praise God for the fruit produced from our times of difficulty.  

                                                               Matthew 6:33-34
But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own.

                                                                  Isaiah 50:7
For the Lord God will help me;  therefore shall I set my face like a flint and I know that I shall not be ashamed.   

                                                                 Don't try to escape your suffering .....
                                                                 Try to learn from it.
                                                                 Don't pray it away....
                                                                 Pray that you receive the full value!

                                                                 Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Help me to focus on You and not my trials and pain.  I want to fully trust and obey You in these difficult times and receive the full value of Your will in my life!  Have Your own way with me Lord.  Amen ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment