Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The "Rich & Beautiful"

The most beautiful sound in my ears is the pounding thunder of the ocean waves!  This is music to my soul and I can hear God speaking to me so clearly!  I just close my eyes and listen with my heart.  The most "Rich & Beautiful" people you will see with your eyes are on the beach!  Johnny and I walked hand in hand with our eyes bugging out of our heads and our jaws dropping!  Their sculptured tan bodies on their bicycles, skateboards and skates were quickly passing us by!  Hey!  I have wheels too!  Mine are just attached to an oxygen machine!  We looked at them and then at each other and couldn't  help but laugh!  We hardly appear to be the "Rich & Beautiful" people of the world. 

On our walks I could hear the Lord speaking into my heart, encouraging me that I no longer walk in fear of what people are saying about my physical image.  He truly has healed my heart from emotional disturbance that comes from comparing myself to others.  My home may not be on the beach, but He dwells with me and that makes my  home beautiful.  My heart no longer envies the "Rich and Beautiful" people of this world.  In the fullness of His joy I could fully celebrate His life in me!

                                                                       Psalm 65:7
(The Lord) who stilleth the noise of the seas, the noise of their waves and the tumult (emotional disturbance) of the people.  

                                                                       2 Corinthians 10:12
For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves; but they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

                                                                       Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Thank you that I am "Rich & Beautiful".  Rich in Your love and Beautiful because of the Holiness of Jesus Christ my Lord, who lives inside of me.  Amen ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment