Monday, September 20, 2010

The Love We Shared. . .

Our vacation last week was nothing at all like we had originally planned.  Our Lord had His own plans for us and as always they were for our good.  Johnny and I spent 3 days in San Diego just the two of us.  My original plan was to spend hours sitting on the beach drawing closer to God. However, God's plan was for me to spend hours sitting with my husband and drawing closer to him.  This was the first vacation for my husband in ten years. . . I just wanted him to have a wonderful time.  Johnny knew how much I wanted to go to the ocean and all he wanted was for me to have a wonderful time.  So our hearts were bent towards one another, caring more for the other than for ourselves.     

The Lord blessed us with such a lovely little place to stay and the weather was perfect!  Everyone we met was so friendly and courteous.  We found a great place to eat and the shops were fun to browse.  Nothing at all could have been more perfect!  However, the love we shared with one another will always be the utmost and forever in my memory. 

                                                                     John 13:34
A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

                                                                    Morning Prayer
Dear God,
    Thank you Lord, that your heart is always bent towards watching your children show love for one another.  You take such pleasure in this!  As our love grows for You, our love will continue to grow for one another.  Amen ~    

No comments:

Post a Comment