Friday, September 10, 2010

We can surely know......

It's been ten years since Johnny and I spent time with our close friends at some beach front property in California.  I remember not feeling very well and within a couple weeks was diagnosed with Pulmonary Fibrosis.  On Monday we will be returning to the same location with the same friends, however I am surely not the same.  I can't begin to share with you how God has truly blessed me, in spite of many trials these last ten years.  He has fulfilled His promises to me in every single way.  My heart overflows with thanksgiving to my precious Lord.  I'm so eager to sit quietly with Him by the ocean and pour out my praises to Him for all His goodness to me these last ten years.

                                                                       Isaiah 43:12
Fear not; for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.  When thou passest through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.  

We never know what trials we will be facing in our future.  But we can surely know this one thing!  God calls us by name and we are His.  He will not allow us to be overtaken by our troubles.  He will take care of us!

                                                                       Deuteronomy 31:8
And the Lord, He it is who doth go before thee; He will be with thee, He will not fail thee, neither forsake thee; fear not, neither be dismayed. 

                                                                        Morning Prayer
Dear God,
    We can face our tomorrows with a knowing in our hearts that You will never leave us or forsake us.  Each day, You will draw us closer to Your side and show us Your love and faithfulness.  Thank you God.  Amen ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment