Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Every Need. . .

                                                      Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made know unto God.

I have been anxious about using the traveling portable concentrator for my oxygen needs when I travel to Indiana next week.  It works well using electricity, however the battery usage is very limited to just a couple hours.  I have been looking so forward to attending my nieces wedding and reception but also concerned that I would have to be attached to an electrical cord stretching across the reception room floor. Ugh!!  Then I realized my Heavenly Father has blessed me with this wonderful trip and He will also see that my needs are met!  After prayers and phone calls and God's direction and provisions . . . I will have the same equipment that I have here at home and I will be free as a bird!  I received free delivery, 2 free tanks and the free carrier to use through the local hospital.  The Lord also graciously met the financial costs of my freedom through my loving family!  Thank you Lord!

Why do we fret and worry about our legitimate needs?  Why do we question God's gracious provisions for us?  We often have not because we ask not.  He delights in revealing to us His glorious love and riches!  We may be tempted to settle for less than God's very best because we do not make our requests known to Him.  

                                                              Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

                                                              Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Help me to turn my anxious thoughts into anxious anticipation of Your answers to my every need!  You invite me to come to you about everything. . .  oh that I would do just that!  Amen ~

No comments:

Post a Comment