Friday, October 29, 2010

"Howdy Doody!"

Mother was telling me the story of how she would walk by my sister's crib and look in at Shirley and say, "Howdy Doody!"  One day to her delight, she walked by and Shirley said back to her,  "Howdy Doody!"  Mother's heart was so delighted!

A precious memory I have from my trip to Indiana was spending a moment of silence in the sanctuary at Winchester Friends Church.  In the still quiet, we heard a baby cooing and babbling and it was the sweetest sound ever!  Her words made no sense at all, but the sweet sounds from that baby truly blessed us!  The Lord spoke to my heart and said, "Often your words to me are simply babble, but they still please me!  And when I hear you speak my Word that I have taught you ..... I'm am so delighted!  

                                                                       Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.   

                                                                   Romans 10:17
                Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.


                                                                       Morning Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father,
   It's so hard for me to understand how You, the creator of this world would be so attentive to me and my babbling words.  Why would Your heart leap to look upon me and smile when I call out to You?  Each day You are teaching me the language of faith and watching me grow in my understanding of Your love.  Thank you Lord and "Howdy Doody"!  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment