Monday, December 6, 2010

Unwrapping the Gifts. . .

I was nine years old and so excited about Christmas!  Days before the tree was  decorated and presents were already under the tree.  It was very clear to me which ones had my name.  I was so tempted to touch the packages and feel them, but I knew I would get into big trouble!  However, no one said I couldn't stare them down?  So I spent a lot of time sitting in a chair closest to the tree,  studying those presents intently until I was able to identify the contents of each one.  Christmas morning proved that I was right on!  I remember receiving a Barbie doll, Barbie clothes and pajamas.  I was a very happy and thankful girl! 

                                                                   Ephesians 1:3 (entire chapter)

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.......

I am now sixty years old and I am so excited about Christmas!  However, it's no longer about the presents under the tree, it's now all about the presence of Jesus Christ in my life.  I am spending time in my favorite chair and I'm studying the gifts that are mine in Christ Jesus! 

These are the gifts of God's Son unwrapped:  Acceptance* Adoption* Blameless* Blessed * Chosen* Forgiveness* Freedom* Holiness* Love*.   I am a very happy and thankful woman!   

                                                                    Morning Prayer
Dear God, 
     This Christmas, may the eyes of my heart be focused on unwrapping the gifts that You have given to me through the birth of Your Son, Jesus Christ.  I want to receive all that You have chosen for me.  Amen ~

No comments:

Post a Comment