Monday, December 13, 2010

Constant State of Celebration!

As a child I remember counting down the days until Christmas.  I loved the holiday festivities with the Christmas Choir performance at school and the exchange of gifts at the school party.  I got to sit on Santa's lap and tell him my heart's desires.  I also remember how I so enjoyed all the lights on our Christmas tree!  My heart was in a constant state of celebration as I counted down the days until Santa came!     

                                                                          Psalm 90:12
              Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

During this Christmas Season, I am counting each day and I am gaining a heart of wisdom to know and understand how precious each day truly is.  I am enjoying all the festivities and my granddaughter's Christmas Choir performances.  I no longer sit on Santa's lap, but I sit at the feet of Jesus and tell Him my heart's desires.  I now understand  how quickly time passes and I want to cherish each moment.  I want to have a child like heart that is in a constant state of celebration, as I count down the days until Jesus comes!  

                                                                           Morning Prayer
Dear Jesus,
     I'm counting the days now, until I see you face to face!  That will truly be the most glorious celebration ever!  Amen ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment