Wednesday, December 8, 2010

My Closet . . .

I have been blessed with a large master walk-in closet.  The two sliding doors entering the closet, are full length mirrors.  I have more than enough poles on both sides for hanging garments and consequently, I have more clothes than I really need and should give many away.  I have an ironing board set up for removing wrinkles however, I get lazy and avoid wearing garments that need to be pressed.  The end wall has ceiling to floor shelving, which holds boxes with contents that I have no memory.  When visitors come,  I am quick to close my closet doors, because it's a mess and desperately needs my attention. 

                                                                    Matthew 6:5
                                                      (Jesus speaking to his disciples)

When you pray enter into your closet and shut the door, pray to your Father, who is in secret; and your Father, who sees in secret shall reward you openly.

Before I enter my prayer closet, I need to spend time reading God's Word.  It's like looking into a mirror so that I can see my true reflection as the Holy Spirit convicts my heart to truly reflect the image of  Jesus.  As I enter in by faith, I will choose the garments of salvation that God has purchased for me to wear.  I will pray and ask God to reveal to me any spots or wrinkles that I need His forgiveness.  I will not only be concerned about my own needs, but prayerfully ask God to show me what I have that I can give to others.  I will pray and ask God to show me those things in my life that have no eternal value and discard them.  When Jesus comes, I don't want to be quick to close my prayer closet door because it's a mess and I regret never giving it any attention. 

                                                                    Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    May a day never be that I don't enter my prayer closet to be with You.  Amen ~

No comments:

Post a Comment