Monday, December 20, 2010

"Happy, Kind & Content" . . .

At the Christmas party Saturday night we all listened intently to Dallas, as she shared her memories of her recent trip to India.  It was simply amazing to hear the severe circumstances that many are living under.  She spoke of families making their homes on a cement slab with no belongings and no walls for protection or privacy.  Clean water is non-existent and food is very scarce.  Even more amazing were her words to describe these precious people as, "Happy, Kind and Content".  

                                                                          1 Timothy 6:6-8
But godliness with contentment is great gain; For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.  And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.  

Gain does not bring us happiness. . .  because enough will never be enough and it will never satisfy our soul.  Godliness and contentment are the riches we are to pursue.  My desire is to be like those precious people.  I want to be "Happy, Kind and Content". 

                                                                            Morning Prayer
Dear God,
    Forgive me for my discontentment, when You have blessed me with more than food and raiment.  I live in such abundance and my eyes often do not see all that You have provided for me.  Stir my heart to give You thanks for everything.  Amen ~ 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment