Thursday, December 9, 2010

Keeping His Words . . .

In our search for Christmas decorations in the garage, we came across a very heavy box.  I asked my husband to check out the contents and was amazed to find it filled with my old journals.  My heart leaped as I fondly browsed through the decorated books that contained the words that I had written many years ago to God.  I know in my heart that because my family loves me, they will not casually discard these journals when I am no longer with them. 

                                                                      John 14:23
Jesus answered, and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words; and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

I know that each of us have at least one copy of the Bible, which is God's journal of His Words.  How can we possibly be casual about this wonderful treasure?  Wow!  Jesus is saying here that in reading His words and keeping them tucked in our hearts, He and His Heavenly Father will come into our hearts and make it their home!  Sometimes I have a hard time wrapping that around my brain!  It's simply amazing that He lives inside of us and that His very Words have been written for us to live on!  I will always treasure my Bibles, because I love Him.  And I know my children and grandchildren will always treasure my journals, because they love me.

                                                               Morning Prayer
Dear Jesus,
    May each day I continue to keep Your Words in my heart, simply because I love You!
Amen ~   

No comments:

Post a Comment