Wednesday, November 17, 2010

With Great Expectation!

I'm heading out the door this morning to meet my daughter, Katie at her doctor's office.  She is "expecting" a baby boy in December.  Even though she has had many moments of suffering, I have watched her with great expectation of becoming a Mother.  I have been blessed to see the ultra sound pictures of his little face.  The images are not super clear and at times hard to see, but I love him just the same and I know he is beautiful!  Little "Lucas" has not arrived as of yet, but he is still in our midst!  I can't hardly wait to see him.  The Mother of expectation is patience.

                                                                      John 16:16-22
In all truth I tell you, you will be weeping and wailing while the world will rejoice; you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will turn to joy.  A woman in childbirth suffers, because her time has come; but when she has given birth to the child she forgets the suffering in her joy that a human being has been born into the world.  So it is with you; you are sad now, but I shall see you again, and your hearts will be full of joy, and that joy no one shall take from you."

I also am expecting just any day now, the return of Jesus Christ.  My days can often be filled with sorrow and suffering, but there will come a day, when my heart will be turned into joy!  I will see him face to face and I will know Him just as much as He knows me!  Even though Jesus has not arrived yet, He is still in my midst and I enjoy His presence in my life every single day.  Waiting patiently in great expectation is the foundation of a life in Christ.   

                                                              Morning Prayer

Dear Lord Jesus,
    Thank You for the promise of Your return for us!  With great expectation I know we will have joy unspeakable on that day!  Until then, I will enjoy Your presence in my life.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment