Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Prayer For Cold Food . . .

After shopping for hours my sister and I needed some food to boost our energy, so we made a quick drive-through Burger King for french fries.  They were fresh out of the fryer and they smelled so good!  Karen reached in the bag and grabbed a hot fry and said, "Deb, let's pray."  So . . .  I began to pray and I thanked God for my sister and our time together and our shopping success and safe travels, etc. etc. etc.  She finally said, "Debbie!!  My fries are getting cold!"  Well excuse me sister!  Ha! Ha!  Later in the day, she hesitated to let me pray over the next meal.  Imagine? 

My daughter Kelly had prepared salads for our lunch and she asked me if I would like to pray.  As I was praying I was so moved, that I began to get misty and when I said, "Amen" she said, "Mom it's only a salad!"  And we both just laughed. 

                                                                 Ephesians 5:20
Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tomorrow as we gather around our Thanksgiving Table, I hope that we will be so captivated with our thankful prayers to the Lord for all His blessings to us, that our food gets cold!   After all, it's not just about the food. . .

                                                                  Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Tomorrow, may our hearts be consumed with thankfulness  to You and Your goodness to us.  Amen ~  

No comments:

Post a Comment