Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gift of Love . . .

My daughter's baby shower was coming up and even though I had purchased several lovely gifts for the baby, I knew I needed to give a gift of love. . .  I prayed and asked the Lord to lead me and as always He answered my prayer.  On Sunday at her shower, I gave  Katie a frame that says,  "Grandma" on the front and on the back I glued a recorder with my voice singing the lullabye that I used to sing to her.  Wow!  I will never forget the look on her face and the tears that just flowed when she pushed the button and heard her Mommy's voice singing. . .

    "Go to sleep my baby,
       close your pretty eyes,
         Mr. Moon is peepin 
            way up in the sky.
         Mr. Moon is peepin
             to see if you are sleepin.
      Go to sleep my baby,
        close your pretty eyes."
          
                         Love is truly the greatest gift that a Mother can give to her child. 
                         Love touches a place in a heart that nothing else can come near.

                                                          Colossians 3:14
             And above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness.

                                                          Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     You take such delight in revealing to each of us, creative ways to express love to one another.  You gave to us the most beautiful example of love by sending Your son,  Jesus Christ to reflect Your love.  Lord, help me today to seek ways to express love.  Amen    

No comments:

Post a Comment