Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Favorite Dwelling Place. . .

My favorite place to dwell is in a small community, nestled up close to the White Tank Mountains called Verrado.  Most of the homes have front porches, different styles of architecture and the streets are all lined with trees and grass.  Our "Main Street" has a grocery market, drug store, bank, pizza place and of course, an ice cream shoppe!  We are located twenty five miles west of downtown Phoenix.  There is such a sense of community here and the residents are so warm and friendly.  I love, love, love the quiet, peaceful atmosphere.  The crime rate in Verrado is next to zero and you will rarely hear any sirens.  You might see Mule Deer crossing the street or hear the coyotes crying at night or perhaps a few scorpions, but it's such a safe and lovely place to dwell.  I never want to move away from Verrado.

                                                                        Psalm 91:1-6, 9-11
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust."  If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

My other favorite place to dwell is in the shelter of the Most High God.   I love to rest in Him, knowing that I am covered with His wings of protection.  I just love the quiet peace that He brings to my soul.  I relish knowing that I am a part of His community of believers and I'm surrounded with loving people.  He gives to me eyes to see His beauty all around me in this beautiful world He has created.  He is my favorite dwelling place . . . a safe and lovely place to dwell.   

                                                                         1 John 4:13
Hereby know we that we dwell in Him, and He in us because He hath given us of His Spirit.

                                                                         Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
     You are my favorite dwelling place and I never want to move away from You.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment