Friday, August 31, 2012

"Heart Keepsakes"

Anything with a "heart" on it will catch my eye every single time!  I was so tickled to find out how to make a heart on my postings on face book.  For those of you who don't know, you just use the < key with a 3 next to it and when you push enter it makes the cutest little heart!  This just makes me so happy!  Call me silly I know!  I have some jewelry that reflects what I hold dear to my heart.  I have a ring with a broken heart on it and I never take it off, as well as my heart bracelet, given to me by my daughter, Kimberly.  On special occasions, I wear a heart pendent necklace with my grand children's names engraved on the outside.  These are my "heart keepsakes" and a reflection of what I hold dear in my heart. 

                                                           Proverbs 4:23
             Above all else, guard your heart for everything you do flows from it.

My heart is my most treasured possession because it belongs to God and above all else I must guard it.  My heart is a wellspring that flows into every detail of my life and my relationship to the Lord and to others is according to the condition of my heart.  I must keep it diligently for the sake of Jesus Christ and His glory!  God has made a way for us to love Him with all of our hearts!  I believe that I am God's "heart keepsake" and so are you!  We are His treasures possessions.

                                                            1 Peter 3:3-4
Do not let your adornment be merely outward, arranging the hair, wearing gold or putting on fine apparel-rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

                                                             Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
   Help me to keep my heart with all diligence, having a full understanding of the treasure I possess in You.  Keep my heart for your sake!  Amen ~ 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment