Thursday, August 30, 2012

Living In A Heavenly Place

In our pursuit of possibly purchasing a home, I found a home listed that is the exact model of our current home we are leasing.  I dearly love this house!  How exciting to think we could own it!  As I scanned over the pictures in the listing I took note that the walls were plain white with no molding.  The windows were missing coverings and drapes that I currently have.  The family room did not have a fireplace with a home entertainment center.  Where is the flower box in the front courtyard?  Looks like there is no refrigerator in the kitchen, nor cabinets and sink in the laundry room?  I'm suspicious it doesn't have the intercom system nor the security system.  This house only had the rocks and block fence with no view.  I'm so spoiled with the green grass and beautiful trees and shrubs in our backyard, not to mention the view fence with nothing but natural desert landscaping and mountain views.  Are there lots of bunnies and birds and little creatures running around?   No where did I read that landscaping services and water are free to the owner!  Nor did I find a clause that says, "Any necessary repairs will not be the responsibility of the resident."  Perhaps I should give this some more prayerful thought . . . . ???

                                                                         1 Timothy 6:6

                                         But godliness with contentment is great gain.

I live in "Heavenly Places" in Christ Jesus.  He blesses my heart and gives me such joy and I bask in His wonder.  My real pursuit is in Godliness and He has caused my heart to be content.  I already have everything I need in Christ.  There is no need for me to pursuit anyone or anything else.  All He asks of me is to have a thankful heart and to worship Him and to be content.  I think I can do that . . .

                                                                         Morning Prayer
Dear Lord,
    Thank you that I live in a "Heavenly Place" and my dwelling is in You.  I am so very content in my heart because You give me such joy and peace.  You alone will I pursue with my whole heart!  Amen ~



2 comments:

  1. Wonderfully convicting reminder. Thanks, Debbie!
    ~Carol~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully convicting reminder! Thanks, Debbie~
    ~Carol~

    ReplyDelete